Prayer in time of Pandemic, Amsertdam 
תפלה נכונה לעצירת חלים - Liturgy - Women
- Final Bid Price: $550.00 Reserve Price Not Met
- 12 Bid(s) View Bid History
- Lot Number 51369
- Title (English) Prayer in time of Pandemic
- Title (Hebrew) תפלה נכונה לעצירת חלים
- Note Liturgy - Women
- City Amsterdam
- Publisher אלמנת כ' דוד פרופס
- Publication Date 
- Estimated Price - Low 1,000
- Estimated Price - High 2,000
- Item # 1925687
- End Date
- Start Date
 pp. quarto, 200:150 mm., wide margins, light age and damp staining, creased on folds. A very good copy bound in contemporary wrappers.
The cholera pandemic (1846–1860) was the third major outbreak of cholera originating in India in the nineteenth century that reached far beyond its borders, which researchers believe may have started as early as 1837 and lasted until 1863. In Russia, more than one million people died of cholera. In 1853–54, the epidemic in London claimed over 10,000 lives, and there were 23,000 deaths for all of Great Britain. This pandemic was considered to have the highest fatalities of the 19th-century epidemics.
כפי הנראה תוקנה התפילה בעת אחת ממגיפות החולירע באירופה, ונועדה לקהילה הספרדית באמשטרדם.
EJ; Not in Bibliography of the Hebrew Book 1470-1960